The Longspur Prairie Fund is dedicated to fostering the experiences, insights, and pleasures found in the native landscapes of North Dakota and Minnesota by way of advocacy, education, and conservation. We protect native plants, animals, habitats, and their ecologies. We respect farmers, hunters, business owners, their properties, and their communities. We teach the wisdom of the prairie through the arts and sciences. We restore native landscapes -- and defend them for all time.
We are a pro-business, pro-farmer, pro-community non-profit dedicated to the conservation and study of our local ecology. Our areas of focus and expertise are the High Plains of Minnesota and North Dakota, specifically the Red River Valley and surrounding counties. Our work revolves around three primary agendas. First, we acquire land in the Red River Valley suitable for prairie and wetland conservation. Second, we facilitate elite-level scientific and educational programming in collaboration with local colleges, universities, and schools. And, finally, we provide a voluntary, pro-business carbon offset program rooted in the local ecology and aimed specifically at the F/M urban center.
Top Five Reasons to Work With Longspur
- We don’t have offices or secretaries; we don’t have copy machines or coffee makers. Our offices are the wet-lands, the fields, and the prairies of the High Plains. Our machines are our trucks, our four-wheelers, and our legs. We don’t spend our time and money (or your time or your money) on nonsense. We spend our time and our money on our Mission.
- We don’t have agents, contractors, or fund raisers running around the world. We work exclusively in and around the Red River Valley. We are North Dakota and Minnesota natives. We know our land. We know are partners. And we know our communities.
- We don’t take years to start -- or to finish -- our projects. We are fast, efficient, and effective. Our paper work is clear, direct, and honest. We are a pro-business, pro-farmer, pro-hunter outfit. We know that your most valuable resource is time. We will not waste it. We say what we mean. And we do what we say. Always.
- We don't settle for anything less than the best for every site, every relationship, and every community with which we work. We are small, but our values are huge. And we strive to be the golden standard by which all other conservation organizations are judged.
- We live our Mission. 100%. All the way.