Disaster Action Team - Bismarck
The American Red Cross is looking for volunteers to join the Disaster Action Team. The DAT can work with your schedule. You choose which days you want to be on-call to respond to emergencies, such as home or apartment fires. Provide assistance and comfort to the families affected.
The Disaster Action Team provides relief to victims of disaster. Training is provided and the schedule is flexible.
Disaster Action Team members:
- Provide timely response to disasters and assist victims
- Respond to disaster scenes as assigned by DAT Coordinator within specific time constraints
- Provide Red Cross services (food, clothing, shelter) to those affected by disaster.
- Complete all Red Cross forms at disaster site
- Once trained, Disaster Action Team volunteers can sign up to go on National disasters.
- Strong organizational, verbal, written communications skills
- Ability to be team player
- Able to respond at all hours or as scheduled with own transportation
- Non-judgmental and aware of diversity issues
- Able to maintain confidentiality with clients matters
ContactVolunteer Resources www.redcross.org/minnkota
(701) 364-1800 ext 2014